How Can I Hide My Date Of Birth On Facebook

It signifies our times that we are more known by our digital identities than our genuine ones these days. Digital identity theft is a clear and present risk. Facebook is a digital house for a number of us, and we have actually looked at different methods to ensure that the front door is locked and safe How Can I Hide My Date Of Birth On Facebook. From hiding status updates and photos to fending off complete strangers, and then to even establishing a Facebook 'alarm system', Facebook regardless of all intents and purposes can be turned into a fortress.

 

How Can I Hide My Date Of Birth On Facebook


Among the tiniest details we in some cases overlook as part of our digital persona is the year of birth and subsequently our genuine age. No, I am not being bashful about it. Concealing your age on Facebook has a couple of real-world implications that are easily overlooked.

Why Should I Conceal My Genuine Age On Facebook? 5 Reasons

1. The year of birth and hence the age is a data. The data could be a potential target of identity theft by online stalkers, scamsters, and hackers.

2. It is a filter on numerous people search engines. For online privacy, you would want to eliminate it from Facebook.

3. Developing an excellent virtual identity different from your genuine one requires you to conceal as many information as possible. Your age is one of them.

4. Headhunters utilize social networks like Facebook to scan for profiles. If age is a barrier to make a location on the interviewee's chair, conceal it.

5. Age is simply a number, however you would like to keep it to yourself. Thank you please!

Here's How to return to the Year of Your Birth & Remove It
The good news is, you do not need to hack into Facebook to hide your age. It's all there in the individual settings and your About information.

1. Go to your Facebook Profile page and click on About or Update Information. Both take you to the exact same individual info page.

2. Search to the Standard Details area on the right, and click on Edit.

3. Utilize the dropdown under Birthday to expose the three choices readily available.

- Show my complete birthday on my timeline.
- Program just month & day on my timeline.
- Do not reveal my birthday on my timeline.

The three options are quite much obvious. You can select either of the last two to ensure a degree of personal privacy. My recommendation would be to choose Program just month & day on my timeline. You wouldn't wish to miss out on all the birthday wishes would you?

4. Fall and click Save and you are done.

5. Facebook gives you more control over your privacy by letting you pick who to make your birthday information visible to. Click the gear icon to display the options available as you can see in the screen below.

I typically keep the full birthday available to close friends. If you have established Facebook buddies list, you can select that to tweak your personal privacy.

Going paranoid over your year of birth and age may appear like overkill. However it'ses a good idea to understand that there are methods to lock it down from prying eyes. What do you believe? Is age just a number or a data in the socially open times we live in?