Cancel Facebook Page

Cancel Facebook Page - I'm sick of the nonstop privacy modifications at Facebook, irritated that I have in great faith entered a ton of details about myself and my social circles, simply to have them constantly modify and fiddle things so that they can get more visibility and make more money, all while compromising my privacy. Exactly what's up with that, Zuckerberg?? I'm done. How can I cancel, delete, erase, axe, kill my account?

 

Cancel Facebook Page


I can absolutely have compassion with you. It's the only site I understand where I have to go through the privacy settings and make sure things have not "evolved" to leave my information, connections and data more exposed to either online search engine spiders or the public than I desire. Truly, it's quite incredibly lame on their part in a society where people grumble all the time about loss of privacy in the digital world.
That's another subject, nevertheless, I suppose.:-.

If you make sure that you do wish to erase your Facebook account then here's how you do that.

Are you sure that's what you want to do, however, rather than simply entering into the personal privacy settings and lessening your exposure?

Okay, alright. Here are the steps ...
Go to "Account Settings":.

Once your there, scroll down and at the bottom you'll discover:.

Click on the "shut down" link on the right and you'll see an extensive list of reasons that you may wish to leave. They're collecting information, undoubtedly:.

Seems like your problem is about personal privacy, so if you select "I have a privacy concern" you'll discover a little editorial commentary from the Facebook group:.

A bit lower down you can also specify that individuals sending you friend welcomes (etc) will or won't bother you:.

Once again, I 'd state you should believe carefully prior to you check this choice, but if you truly desire to never have Facebook darken your e-mail doorstep again, this is the best ways to do it.

Either way, click "Deactivate My Account" if you make certain that's what you wish to do. Now it's time to go through the onslaught, beginning with your password once again (simply in case somebody sees you logged in and chooses it 'd be an excellent practical joke to erase your account):.

Remembered your password? Good. Now prove you're not a robotic:.

This CAPTCHA needs the words "Society" "darneder" (whatever that suggests). Go into those properly and click on "Submit".

Success! The account is officially closed down, gotten rid of, deleted and ... um, just a sec. As you can see from the text above, Facebook doesn't seem to delete your details, simply deactivate the account. I'm guessing that's not what you desire, however it's the finest you can do.

By the way, a couple of minutes later you'll get an e-mail from Facebook about your shut down Facebook account:.

So now you understand. That's the finest you can do, and it does efficiently closed down your Facebook account and prevent anybody else from using your e-mail address in the future.