How Do You Cancel Your Facebook Account

How Do You Cancel Your Facebook Account - I'm sick of the perpetual personal privacy changes at Facebook, annoyed that I have in great faith got in a lot of information about myself and my social circles, simply to have them continuously fine-tune and fiddle things so that they can get more visibility and make more loan, all while compromising my personal privacy. Exactly what's up with that, Zuckerberg?? I'm done. How can I cancel, delete, remove, axe, eliminate my account?

 

How Do You Cancel Your Facebook Account


I can totally have compassion with you. It's the only site I understand where I need to go through the privacy settings and make sure things haven't "progressed" to leave my information, connections and data more exposed to either online search engine spiders or the public than I want. Truly, it's pretty extremely lame on their part in a society where people grumble all the time about loss of personal privacy in the digital world.
That's another topic, nevertheless, I suppose.:-.

If you are sure that you do wish to delete your Facebook account then here's how you do that.

Are you sure that's what you wish to do, however, instead of simply going into the privacy settings and minimizing your direct exposure?

Okay, fine. Here are the steps ...
Go to "Account Settings":.

Once your there, scroll down and at the bottom you'll find:.

Click on the "deactivate" link on the right and you'll see an extensive list of reasons that you may wish to leave. They're gathering data, clearly:.

Seems like your problem is about personal privacy, so if you pick "I have a privacy issue" you'll find a little editorial commentary from the Facebook team:.

A bit lower down you can also specify that individuals sending you pal welcomes (etc) will or won't trouble you:.

Again, I 'd say you must think carefully prior to you inspect this option, however if you really want to never ever have Facebook darken your e-mail doorstep once again, this is the best ways to do it.

In any case, click "Deactivate My Account" if you're sure that's what you wish to do. Now it's time to go through the onslaught, beginning with your password again (just in case someone sees you logged in and decides it 'd be an excellent prank to erase your account):.

Remembered your password? Excellent. Now show you're not a robot:.

This CAPTCHA requires the words "Society" "darneder" (whatever that implies). Enter those correctly and click "Send".

Success! The account is formally shut down, eliminated, deleted and ... um, just a sec. As you can see from the text above, Facebook does not appear to delete your info, simply deactivate the account. I'm guessing that's not exactly what you want, however it's the finest you can do.

By the method, a few minutes later on you'll get an e-mail from Facebook about your shut off Facebook account:.

So now you know. That's the best you can do, and it does successfully closed down your Facebook account and avoid anybody else from using your email address in the future.