How Do I Hide My Birthday On Facebook

It suggests our times that we are more understood by our digital identities than our genuine ones these days. Digital identity theft is a clear and present risk. Facebook is a digital house for a lot of us, and we have taken a look at different ways to guarantee that the front door is locked and safe How Do I Hide My Birthday On Facebook. From concealing status updates and images to fending off complete strangers, then to even setting up a Facebook 'alarm system', Facebook regardless of all intents and purposes can be become a fortress.

 

How Do I Hide My Birthday On Facebook


Among the smallest information we often ignore as part of our digital personality is the year of birth and consequently our genuine age. No, I am not being bashful about it. Hiding your age on Facebook has a few real-world ramifications that are easily ignored.

Why Should I Conceal My Real Age On Facebook? 5 Factors

1. The year of birth and hence the age is a data. The data could be a potential target of identity theft by online stalkers, scamsters, and hackers.

2. It is a filter on many individuals online search engine. For online privacy, you would want to eliminate it from Facebook.

3. Developing a great virtual identity separate from your real one needs you to hide as numerous information as possible. Your age is among them.

4. Headhunters use social media like Facebook to scan for profiles. If age is a barrier to earn a put on the interviewee's chair, conceal it.

5. Age is just a number, but you want to keep it to yourself. Thank you please!

Here's Ways to go back to the Year of Your Birth & Remove It
The good news is, you don't need to hack into Facebook to hide your age. It's all there in the personal settings and your About info.

1. Go to your Facebook Profile page and click on About or Update Info. Both take you to the exact same personal information page.

2. Browse to the Fundamental Info section on the right, and click Edit.

3. Use the dropdown under Birthday to reveal the 3 choices offered.

- Show my complete birthday on my timeline.
- Program just month & day on my timeline.
- Don't show my birthday on my timeline.

The 3 choices are practically obvious. You can choose for either of the last 2 to guarantee a degree of privacy. My recommendation would be to select Show only month & day on my timeline. You would not wish to lose out on all the birthday desires would you?

4. Drop down and click on Save and you are done.

5. Facebook provides you more control over your personal privacy by letting you select who to make your birthday information noticeable to. Click the equipment icon to display the choices readily available as you can see in the screen below.

I generally keep the full birthday open up to buddy. If you have actually set up Facebook good friends list, you can pick that to fine-tune your privacy.

Going paranoid over your year of birth and age might seem like overkill. However it pays to understand that there are ways to lock it down from spying eyes. What do you think? Is age simply a number or a data in the socially open times we reside in?