Facebook Cancel

Facebook Cancel - I'm ill of the never-ending privacy changes at Facebook, irritated that I have in excellent faith entered a load of info about myself and my social circles, just to have them continuously modify and fiddle things so that they can get more visibility and make more loan, all while jeopardizing my personal privacy. What's up with that, Zuckerberg?? I'm done. How can I cancel, delete, eliminate, axe, kill my account?

 

Facebook Cancel


I can completely sympathize with you. It's the only website I know where I have to go through the personal privacy settings and ensure things haven't "progressed" to leave my info, connections and information more exposed to either search engine spiders or the general public than I want. Actually, it's quite incredibly lame on their part in a society where individuals grumble all the time about loss of privacy in the digital world.
That's another subject, nevertheless, I suppose.:-.

If you are sure that you do want to delete your Facebook account then here's how you do that.

Are you sure that's what you want to do, nevertheless, instead of simply going into the personal privacy settings and lessening your direct exposure?

Okay, all right. Here are the actions ...
Go to "Account Settings":.

When your there, scroll down and at the bottom you'll discover:.

Click on the "shut down" link on the right and you'll see an extensive list of reasons that you might want to leave. They're collecting information, obviously:.

Sounds like your concern has to do with privacy, so if you choose "I have a personal privacy issue" you'll find a little editorial commentary from the Facebook team:.

A bit lower down you can likewise specify that individuals sending you friend welcomes (etc) will or will not bother you:.

Again, I 'd state you should believe thoroughly before you check this option, however if you truly wish to never ever have Facebook darken your e-mail doorstep once again, this is how to do it.

In either case, click on "Deactivate My Account" if you're sure that's what you desire to do. Now it's time to go through the onslaught, starting with your password again (simply in case someone sees you logged in and chooses it 'd be a terrific prank to delete your account):.

Remembered your password? Good. Now prove you're not a robot:.

This CAPTCHA requires the words "Society" "darneder" (whatever that implies). Enter those properly and click "Send".

Success! The account is officially shut down, gotten rid of, deleted and ... um, simply a sec. As you can see from the text above, Facebook does not seem to delete your details, simply shut down the account. I'm thinking that's not exactly what you want, however it's the finest you can do.

By the method, a few minutes later on you'll get an email from Facebook about your shut off Facebook account:.

So now you understand. That's the very best you can do, and it does successfully closed down your Facebook account and avoid anyone else from utilizing your email address in the future.