Canceling Facebook

Canceling Facebook - I'm sick of the never-ending privacy changes at Facebook, frustrated that I have in excellent faith went into a lots of information about myself and my social circles, just to have them continuously fine-tune and fiddle things so that they can get more visibility and make more cash, all while compromising my privacy. What's up with that, Zuckerberg?? I'm done. How can I cancel, delete, remove, axe, kill my account?

 

Canceling Facebook


I can totally sympathize with you. It's the only website I know where I have to go through the personal privacy settings and ensure things haven't "progressed" to leave my information, connections and information more exposed to either online search engine spiders or the public than I want. Truly, it's quite incredibly lame on their part in a society where individuals grumble all the time about loss of privacy in the digital world.
That's another topic, nevertheless, I suppose.:-.

If you are sure that you do want to erase your Facebook account then here's how you do that.

Are you sure that's exactly what you wish to do, nevertheless, rather than just entering into the privacy settings and lessening your exposure?

Okay, okay. Here are the actions ...
Go to "Account Settings":.

As soon as your there, scroll down and at the bottom you'll discover:.

Click on the "shut down" link on the right and you'll see an extensive list of factors why you may wish to leave. They're gathering data, undoubtedly:.

Seems like your problem is about privacy, so if you pick "I have a personal privacy issue" you'll find a little editorial commentary from the Facebook group:.

A bit lower down you can likewise define that people sending you good friend invites (etc) will or won't trouble you:.

Once again, I 'd state you ought to believe thoroughly prior to you inspect this alternative, but if you truly wish to never ever have Facebook darken your email doorstep again, this is ways to do it.

In any case, click on "Deactivate My Account" if you make sure that's what you want to do. Now it's time to go through the gauntlet, beginning with your password again (just in case someone sees you logged in and decides it 'd be a fantastic prank to erase your account):.

Remembered your password? Good. Now show you're not a robotic:.

This CAPTCHA needs the words "Society" "darneder" (whatever that suggests). Get in those properly and click on "Send".

Success! The account is officially closed down, gotten rid of, erased and ... um, just a sec. As you can see from the text above, Facebook does not appear to delete your info, simply shut down the account. I'm thinking that's not exactly what you desire, however it's the very best you can do.

By the way, a few minutes later you'll get an e-mail from Facebook about your shut down Facebook account:.

So now you know. That's the very best you can do, and it does successfully closed down your Facebook account and prevent anybody else from utilizing your email address in the future.